For over 50 years, CRU has established an extraordinary reputation for providing quality sales and service. We specialize in pumping solutions for the municipal, commercial, and agricultural markets of North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
From our offices in Sanford, CRU brings years of combined engineering, troubleshooting, repair, and application experience to our clients. CRU provides the highest quality components and service for each of our customers. Our crews perform all types of water and wastewater services as well as a complete preventative maintenance program. CRU also provides engineering services for operations improvement processes. Our emergency services are available twenty-four hours a day seven days a week.
- Unlimited, Unclassified General Contractor's License in NC and SC
- Unlimited Electrical Licenses Licensed NC and SC
- Well Drillers Registered NC
- Pump Instillation Contractor
- Licensed Limited Engineering Firm
Over the past five decades CRU has established an extraordinary reputation for providing quality sales and service. Our business philosophy is simple…
Take Care of the Customer - Never Sacrifice Quality
We take pride in providing solutions to the most difficult pump problems.
The Underwood family began drilling municipal water supply wells in North Carolina in 1926. Charles R. Underwood, Inc. was founded in 1965. The company has grown with North Carolina and surrounding states to meet increasing infrastructure and water works needs.
- 1965 — Charles R. Underwood, Inc. was founded
- 1972 — Began to service and repair pumps other than deep well turbine
- 1992 — Dedicated Pump Repair Shop opened
- 2011 — Opened new 80,000 square foot facility in Sanford, NC